Why clean your windows every year?
The obvious reasons are:
Benefits of cleaning windows
Beyond the obvious reasons, the most important reason for glass maintenance is to avoid glass degradation. Glass will over time, become permeated with a variety of contaminants:
- Hard Minerals (from sprinkler systems and building run-off)
- Oxidization (from windows encased in metal frames and screens)
- Acid Rain
- Over spray (from paint, chalking, mortar and more)
In most cases item #1, Hard Mineral or hard water is the biggest threat to most home owners. The need for basic glass restoration can be avoided with regular cleaning to exterior window glass surfaces.
I recommend no less than two cleanings per year. We offer 2 types of window cleaning.
Overview of Window Cleaning Services
Deluxe Window Cleaning – This includes cleaning the interior/exterior of each window, track, sill, and screen. We will not clean torn or decaying screens and will recommend replacement. This package is intended for deep cleaning.
Basic Window Cleaning – This includes cleaning the exterior of the window and screen. This package is for your basic clean up from high pollen or yard work.
- Full Glass Door
- Simple Light Fixture
- Complex Light Fixture
- Ceiling Fan
How will my windows be cleaned?
- We clean the inside of the windows with a cleaning solution, soft scubber, squeegee and a towel.
- The screens will be removed, scrubbed and washed, then dried. If the screens are too weathered or torn, we may wipe them down.
- The exterior windows will be cleaned with a waterfed pole system. This is the best way to get a spot free shine. It has a gentle scrubbing brush to remove dirt, then the dirt is rinsed with pure water and dries spot free.
Cleaning skylights with our waterfed pole system.